Son of James and Caroline R. A. Barley, of 26, Halstead Street, Bolton, Lancashire. An old boy of Bolton Municipal Secondary School. Enlisted August 1914. Formerly SS/341, Royal Army Service Corps. Attached to the 18th Bn., London Regiment at time of death. Duplicated entry on Bolton County Borough Roll of Honour as also listed under Royal Army Service Corps.
- Surname: Barley
- Forename: George Edward
- Date of birth: Not known
- Birth place: West Cranforth, County Durham
- Place of residence: Bolton, Lancashire
- Gender: Male
- Age of death: 30
- Place of death: Not known
- Date of death: April 7th, 1918
- Casualty type: Not known
- Service medals: St / V / BW
- Silver War badge: Not known
- Awards: M.i.D.
- Bolton (Victoria Square) War Memorial and Bolton County Borough Roll of Honour 1914-1918 Book (Hall of Remembrance)
- Bolton Roll of Honour 1914-1918 Printed Book (Library / History Centre)
- Ridgway Gates and The Victoria Hall Methodist WWI Roll of Honour - Bolton (LOST)
- CWGC Memorial: Pozieres Memorial, Somme, France
- CWGC reference: Panel 74 to 76.
Local newspaper entries
- Bolton Journal and Guardian entries: 24/12/1914 03/05/1918 10/05/1918
- Bolton Journal and Guardian references: 7c 6f 6b-c*