Son of Elizabeth Bentley, of Hodgson Howe, Portinscale, Keswick, Cumberland, and formerly of 129, Bolton Road, Kearsley, Lancashire, and of the late William Bentley. An old boy of the Hollands School. Born Farnworth, Lancashire. Wounded multiple times. Formerly 5th Bn., Rifle Brigade. Reported locally to have been awarded the DCM, but no evidence currently found of this award.
- Surname: Bentley
- Forename: Oswald Vaughan
- Date of birth: Not known
- Birth place: Manchester, Lancashire (Bolton, Lancashire)
- Place of residence: Keswick, Cumberland
- Gender: Male
- Age of death: 23
- Place of death: Not known
- Date of death: March 28th, 1918
- Casualty type: Not known
- Service medals: St / V / BW
- Silver War badge: Not known
- Awards: M.M.
- Farnworth "Fallen In The Fight" Book
- Farnworth (St. John the Evangelist) C.E. Church WWI Memorial
- Hollands School Farnworth WWI Memorial
- Kearsley War Memorial Cross (WWI Plaque)
- CWGC Memorial: Arras Memorial, Pas de Calais, France
- CWGC reference: Bay 9.
Local newspaper entries
- Farnworth and Worsley Journal entries: 28/05/1915 30/07/1915 24/11/1916 05/01/1917 19/10/1917 03/05/1918 05/07/1918 02/08/1918 25/10/1918 27/12/1918 24/01/1919