Grandson of Jane Blackburn, widow of the late Police Sergeant Thomas Blackburn, and son of Adelin Blackburn, of 22, King Street, Westhoughton, Lancashire. Latterly resided at 2, Dove Avenue, Penwortham, Lancashire. An old boy of the Bolton Municipal Secondary School. Enlisted 1915, Army Cyclist Corps. Formerly Private 52691, 12th and 13th Bn., Durham Light Infantry, discharged to commission 31/10/1917. Acting as Captain at time of death and was awaiting transfer to the Royal Air Force.
- Surname: Blackburn
- Forename: Norman Henry (Henri) Gershorn
- Date of birth: Not known
- Birth place: Liverpool, Lancashire
- Place of residence: Westhoughton, Lancashire
- Gender: Male
- Age of death: 24
- Place of death: Not known
- Date of death: October 23rd, 1918
- Casualty type: Not known
- Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Unit: 8th (Service) Battalion.
- Service number: Not known
- Regiment: Royal Berkshire (Princess Charlotte of Wales's) Regiment
- Enlistment date: Not known
- Enlistment location: Not known
- Conflict: WW1
- Service medals: V / BW
- Silver War badge: Not known
- Awards: M.C.
- Westhoughton War Memorial Cenotaph
- CWGC Memorial: Highland Cemetery, Le Cateau, Nord, France
- CWGC reference: VI. A. 17.
Local newspaper entries
- Bolton Journal and Guardian entries: 08/11/1918 15/11/1918
- Bolton Journal and Guardian references: 6c* 8e