Of 256, Woodhouse Lane, Springfield, Wigan, Lancashire. Formerly employed at John Pit, Standish, Lancashire.
- Surname: Ashcroft
- Forename: George
- Date of birth: Not known
- Birth place: Wigan, Lancashire
- Place of residence: Wigan, Lancashire
- Gender: Male
- Age of death: Not known
- Place of death: Not known
- Date of death: November 30th, 1917
- Casualty type: Not known
- Rank: Private
- Unit: 1st/5th (Territorial) Battalion.
- Service number: 13711
- Regiment: Not known
- Enlistment date: Not known
- Enlistment location: Wigan, Lancashire
- Conflict: Not known
- Service medals: Not known
- Silver War badge: Not known
- Awards: M.M.
- CWGC Memorial: Cambrai Memorial, Louverval, Nord, France
- CWGC reference: Panel 8.
Local newspaper entries
- Bolton Journal and Guardian entries: 01/08/1930
- Bolton Journal and Guardian references: 13e